Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Monday, April 22, 2013
Thursday, April 18, 2013
It's that time of year again! A sign that spring and summer are sure to come (I say this only because the weather has been so cold, windy, and wet lately)!
If you haven't ever been to a farmers' market before, get out early one weekend and see what they are all about. You'll be surrounded by fresh veggies, flowers, and sometimes even handmade crafts and entertainment. Most open in May, but the Overland Park Farmers' Market started last weekend and the Brookside one starts this Saturday.
Below are some locations of Farmers' Markets in the KC area, complete with dates and times. Which one is your favorite?
The City Market
For the complete list, click here!
Monday, April 1, 2013
In today's market, Buyers have to be prepared for all kinds of scenarios. And the better prepared you are, the better your experience will be. Check out this article for some tips to help you through.
Posted by Brett and Kim Pickett at 12:55 PM
Friday, March 29, 2013
The USD 232/De Soto school district is seeking voter authorization on April 2, 2013, to adjust its Local Option Budget by one percent of its state financial aid, from 30 percent to 31 percent. In return, the district will draw fewer taxes and homeowners would see a slight decrease in the mill levy. Take a look at the picture above to see how the district would draw fewer taxes with a 31% LOB.
What's in it for you?
Check out the following links for more information, then go out and VOTE:
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
What's Going on in Your Neighborhood?
Wednesday, March 27th
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Monticello Trails Middle School, 6100 Monticello Road
Residents, community leaders, church members, parents, students, business owners, service providers and all who live, work, visit, appreciate, and serve in western Shawnee are invited to attend. This is an open house event, come and go at your convenience. Stop by to learn about the many things going on in western Shawnee, now and in the future. Your kids can play at the Shawnee Town 1929 play area while you browse. We look forward to getting your feedback and we hope to see you there!
- Where is the new park going in western Shawnee and what will it look like?
- Where does the new trail section connect? When will it be completed?
- What is the layout of some of the future developments that are planned? What businesses might be coming?
- What are future plans for K-7 Corridor?
- Is there a Library in western Shawnee’s future? What programs is the Library offering now?
- What roads are going to be repaired this spring/summer?
- What are the ideas for improvements to Monticello Road?
- What can I do to prevent crime in my neighborhood?
- How can I be more in the loop on things going on in my neighborhood?
- What volunteer opportunities exist with the City?
- Learn how to Go GREEN and $ave Money!
Posted by Brett and Kim Pickett at 7:30 AM
Monday, March 25, 2013
We've noticed it in our own business. Homes that we've listed within the past 30 days have received offers and gone under contract in 10 days or less. This doesn't happen every time, but right now Buyers are out and inventory is low...and you're more likely to see fewer price reductions and more multiple offers. For more details on this fast-moving market, check out this article from USA Today.